Troop 197 MBU registration is now open for Scouts and adults!
Class options and status can be found here:
Please send Mrs. Vaughn (at firstname.lastname@example.org) your first, second, and third class choices (a.m. AND p.m., if not it’s not an all-day class) and your lunch choice (Turkey, Ham, or PB&J // white or wheat bread)
This MBU will take place on February 3, 2018 in Murfreesboro.
Please take a moment to look at the fundraising updates below. If you have ANY questions, please email Mrs. Wright: email@example.com
All money should have been turned in at LAST WEEK’S MEETING, but I’ll be at the PLC Monday evening to collect any last minute orders. Our Troop’s popcorn order is being placed on Thursday, October 19. If you would like to add ANYTHING to this order, please let me know.
Pancake Breakfast (Saturday,October 21):
Please bring money from your Pancake Breakfast ticket sales to the PLC meeting Monday night. If you aren’t planning on being there, please email me to make other arrangements to turn in your money BY WEDNESDAY. All tickets must be accounted for by then or you will be charged for the number of outstanding tickets you have.
Thank you to everyone who has signed up to help out. If you’ve signed up to bring supplies, please bring them with you Monday’s meeting.
PLEASE check your inbox throughout the week to stay up to date about the event!
Poppies (Saturday, November 4):
Our Annual Poppy Campaign is THE opportunity to give back to our charter organization, Smyrna VFW Post 8422. Every year our Troop (along with Pack 842) helps the VFW by handing out poppies at various area locations while collecting donations for the work they do in the community for veterans. Please be on the lookout for the Sign-up Genius that will be sent out Wednesday, and PLEASE sign up to participate.
Congratulations to our two newest Eagle Scouts, Alan Harrell and Billy Sweeney, who both passed their Eagle Scout Board of Reviews on Wednesday evening!
We are all very proud of your accomplishments!!
Please help unload pumpkins for the church pumpkin patch if you are able to this Saturday, October 14, at 8:00 am. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Reminders from Monday’s troop meeting.
October 2 No meeting next Monday for fall break.
Campout at Henry Horton October 14-15.
Pancake breakfast October 21. There are tickets to sell for $5/ticket. Money will go into scouts account. Contact Mrs Wright to get tickets. Sign up to help at the pancake breakfast. ALL scouts are to participate in pancake breakfast.
November 4th planning meeting for leadership 9-1230 at the church. Afternoon poppy sales more information to come.
Winter camp registration is open. Contact Kristi DeGennaro to register. Winter camp is Dec 27-31.
Sign Ups are now closed for this class.
- The class teaching portion of the merit badge starts on 9/25.
- First fitness trial will be 10/9
- Prior to 10/9, participants will need to have a current medical form C turned in to Ms. Amy. (If you attended summer camp, your form C is still valid.)
- Scouts will need to have a fitness plan approved as well. Scouts should bring their fitness plan on 10/9 to be approved.
Scouts & Parents:
We are gearing up for our Pancake Breakfast fundraiser taking place Saturday, October 21. Here are the details:
- Flyers – Please use the attached flyer to email your friends, family & neighbors, etc… EVERYONE NEEDS TO EAT BREAKFAST, so spread the word!
- Facebook – Troop 422’s going high-tech. 🙂 We’ve got a new Facebook page so please click below and like it. There is also an event created for the Pancake Breakfast, so please share that with your friends & groups to get the word out to everyone you know! **(PLEASE Note: This page will be used mainly for events and sharing general information about the Troop. Our PRIVATE Facebook group is where we will share pictures & specifics about our Troop activities.)
- Ticket Sales & Donations:
TICKETS ARE ONLY $5 EACH, and thanks to in-kind sponsorships, 100% of the sales will go to the Scout who sells them. (ex: A Scout who sells 25 tickets earns $125 towards camping trips, troop activities, dues, etc.)
We’re asking each of the Scouts to sell at least 10 tickets. ($50 in their Scout account!) Tickets will be available to pick up during the meetings
Donation buckets will be out on the tables during the event. ALL donations received the day of the event will be split between the Scouts who have signed up to work at least one shift.*Please note: If a Scout collects donations on his own prior to the event, those funds will be credited directly to that Scout’s account.
SCOUTS AND ADULTS sign up to help with one or more shifts here:
- We are in need of table decorations, griddles, spatulas, paper towels, and other supplies to help us during the event. Please sign up where indicated on the Sign-up Genius if you can help out!
PLEASE contact Mrs. Wright if you have any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are planning an overnight backpacking trip that will take place October 14-15 (Saturday-Sunday). Details about MB and rank requirements that will be covered during the trip will be posted as soon as they are available. If you are interested in attending, please sign-up using the link below.
Winter Camp sign ups are now available! Winter Camp at Boxwell reservation is Dec. 27th- 31st. More details and about departure and pick-up times will be posted at a later date. Merit badge classes that are available are listed below.
Please register with Mrs. Kristi ASAP and give her your first and second MB class choices – email@example.com
The Cogioba MBU will be taking place on November 18th, 2017. Please sign up below if you are interested in going!
Sign-up genius below:
Cogioba MBU sign-up genius