- Welcome to the Webelos of Cub Scout Pack 1001! Questions can be directed to the Scoutmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting next Monday, Jan 19th is for Scouts & adults attending Winter Camporee and for those participating in Scout Sunday on Sunday Feb 8th.
- Winter Camporee – tonight (1-13-15) was the last night to sign up to attend.
- Scout Sunday – Sunday Feb 8th – is when our Troop participates in Sunday service at Smyrna First Presbyterian Church. This is where we meet each week & the Church has been so very generous to our Troop. The Troop is need of 8 volunteers for various roles on that day – please contact Mr. Fisher at email@example.com
- Troop elections were tonight. Congratulations to the following Scouts:
Patrol leaders:Phantoms: RJCobras: Brandon FDragons: Jozef BPredator: Baker KSenior Patrol Leader: Ben B
- All other positions will be appointed. If you have been serving in your position for 12 months, it is time to rotate off this position. If you have an interest in a particular leadership position or have questions, please contact your Patrol Leader or the Senior Patrol leader. If you are First Class or above, this is a good time to look for an opportunity to serve in a leadership role. See the Troop Leadership page on this website for positions.
- PLC Meeting on Jan 26th is for the current Patrol leaders and Senior Patrol Leader AND the newly elected Scouts.
- Scout Family Trip to Pensacola in July 2015 – contact Donna Treanor – firstname.lastname@example.org – for more information. Deadline Feb 2nd.
Hikers and backpackers, check out this little neat shelter that anyone can build. Quite clever… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pneD0wu8O3w
Winter camp was great this year. The weather wasn’t too bad, I mean it wouldn’t be Boxwell without rain right??? Our Scouts had a great time, pictures are on the site in the photos section. We would have loved having more Scouts attend, plan now to be there next year!
At Winter camporee will be covering most aspects of the Search and Rescue merit badge.
Final sign ups for this campout will be Monday the 12th at our meeting. We will have a pre-camp meeting on the 19th for scouts going on the campout only. Winter camporee is always fun, and a good time to earn a merit badge.
Carson Endsley will be serving as SPL for this trip. We will also be hosting Weblos from Pack 842 camping with us, sounds like we have a large group going, we STRONGLY encourage parents to come along on this one!
Location, Camp Tubb info here http://troop422.net/map-of-camp-tubb/
Dates, January 23-25
SPL, Carson Endsley
ALL popcorn money is due on 12-1-14, no exceptions. Any questions contact Donna T. @ email@example.com
We had a great time at Skymount the weekend of November 15th, 2014. The weather decided to come down on us and be cold, 21 degrees Friday night, 30’s Saturday night. We completed a 5 mile hike with Scouts working toward Second Class and had fun exploring a new camp for many of us.
Saw this cool quick video from Troop 32 in Springfield Massachusetts, how about making this at Winter Camp ?